Mail Call: Calling all letters to the editor

One of the great things about the press and journalism is that when done correctly, it can serve as a dialogue between writer and reader that plays out in the form of well sourced and quoted articles and reader reactions and interactions.

It is really easy to do the reporting, get a quote from an involved source and click the publish button, but none of that means anything if it doesn't mean anything to you, the reader.

Therefore, we have developed a few key strategies to help us put student voices front and center.

We will be working hard to make sure that you will read student perspectives in many of our articles, we are planning to live-tweet several events and invite our readers to get involved with the news as its being reported and we are developing relationships with students that want to use our platform to discuss important campus issues, which we have called the Guest Blog.

We also, as ever, promise not to shy away from the controversial topics. If there is an issue or topic not getting enough attention, sometimes as a staff we will take the opportunity to editorialize.

Out of all of this, we are missing just one crucial component to this vision of free flowing campus dialogue: responses from you, the reader.

If you agree with something we publish but want to add details, if you disagree with something we publish and want to be heard or if you have a story that you want us to investigate, we have a solution for you.

Send us a Letter to the Editor.

If it is topical, respectfully written and sourced where necessary, we will publish it. Let this blog stand as our pledge to you the reader that we will never edit or censor your voice. Any received letters will only be subjected to grammar and AP Style edits.

You can send us your submissions at webeditor@otterbein360.com

More
Today's Lineup
12:00-12:00am Alternative
Newscast
Weekly Where and When 3.25.wav Transcript
The Chirp
This field is required.
Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2024 T&CMedia