T&C and o360 announce major transition

This newspaper that you are holding in your hands means something different to every person who reads it.

Maybe you picked up the Tan & Cardinal to read your best friend’s opinion column or maybe to see the feature on your roommate’s band.
Maybe you’re a new student or a faculty member wanting to learn more about the school’s new policy on student account balances.

This newspaper, that has existed for more than 100 years, has been an experience that is something much larger than just a few pages of newsprint.

For some students who are readers of the Tan & Cardinal, the newspaper is something that magically appears on the benches in Roush and on the tables of the Campus Center every Wednesday morning.

For those of us on staff who work to create it, it is something that has become a very large part of our entire college experience.
But regardless of the effect that a school newspaper has on each of us as individuals, it seems to be very much its own living, breathing organism that goes through its own transformation as time passes.

The Tan & Cardinal has been a reflection of the Otterbein community for many years, and like our university, it is in a continual state of evolution.

The Tan & Cardinal staff and its advisers have recognized that in addition to being an important representation of our community, our student media also needs to be an accurate representation of the journalism industry.

With that said, it is no secret that the larger world of journalism is drifting further away from physical newspapers and more toward web-based news products and glossy magazines.

And so, it is with admittedly bittersweet excitement that the staff of the Tan & Cardinal Newspaper would like to formally announce that, as of fall 2013, this newspaper will be reshaped into the form of a magazine.

Keeping with tradition, this magazine will be called “T&C Magazine” and will focus mainly on feature stories about local and national areas of interest, while Otterbein360.com will provide increased up-to-date news on campus events and issues, as well as other online extras.

We thank you for your continued support and we look forward to sharing this new era of T&C history with you.

More
Today's Lineup
12:00-6:30am Alternative
6:30-7:30am Money'$ Morning Show
7:30-10:00am Alternative
10:00-11:00am Money'$ Morning Show
11:00am-12:00pm Alternative
12:00-1:00pm Jones's Rookie Hour
1:00-2:00pm Garrett's Variety Hour
2:00pm-12:00am Alternative
Newscast
Weekly Where and When 3.25.wav Transcript
The Chirp
This field is required.
Powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News
All Content © 2024 T&CMedia